College & Career Center
Colleges and universities are changing admission deadlines and requirements, as well as enrollment confirmation dates. Check for updates at the National Association for College Admission Counselingwebsite.
Career Center Offerings
- Computer lab and study tables
- Presentations by college representatives
- College brochures
- Career resources
- Financial aid information and materials
- Field trips to local colleges and career events; get permission slips from the career center
- College and scholarship application assistance
- Help completing the FAFSA and WASFA
- Help understanding financial aid award letters
Worksite Learning: Earn Credit for Your Job
See Mr. Sieg - Thursdays in room 120 (across from nurse's office) during your lunch
Next Move Internship: Earn Credit and Explore a Career
See Mr. Bekker - Thursdays in room 120 (across from nurse's office) during your lunch
Visits to the Career Center
Listings with an asterisk require a permission slip, which will be available from the bulletin board outside the career center.
None scheduled at this time.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-21 school year opened on October 1. You will need:
* 2018 income info, including bank statements, W2s, 2018 tax return
* Social Security number or green card
* Additional financial info about child support, TANF benefits, real estate, family business, investments, etc.
* An FSA ID
Your FSA ID is a username and password you will use to sign your FAFSA electronically. Create your FSA ID.
File at Wilson During Lunches
Get started on your FAFSA or WASFA in the career center. Bring the information listed above.
- FAFSA and WASFA completion
- College Bound Scholarship
- ACCUPLACER practice
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Common Application
- Letters of recommendation
- Career exploration websites
- College Affordability and Transparency Center
- SAT and PSAT practice with Khan Academy